Reliable Dental Implants in Macomb
If you or a family member is tired of dealing with the constant frustrations associated with missing teeth, dental implants may be precisely what is needed to restore your smile. Dr. William Ziecina has provided affordable, high-quality dental implants since 2003. When you visit our practice, our team takes the time to understand your unique needs and efficiently meet them. Our goal is to craft a beautiful, rejuvenated, and functional smile.
We're proud to support the residents of Macomb, Utica, Shelby Carter Township, and the surrounding communities with compassionate and results-driven dentistry. Whether you're missing a single tooth or several, we have the appropriate implant-supported restoration and skillset to assist you. We can't wait to begin restoring your smile, so get in touch with the practice of William G. Ziecina D.D.S, P.C. today!
CALL US: (586) 203-8686 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants mimic the structure of a healthy tooth. Your implant post is an artificial tooth root made with high-quality titanium that bonds with your jaw. Implant posts are incredibly versatile and can anchor several types of restorations.
Preparing for Your Implant Treatment
Before beginning implant treatment, Dr. Ziecina verifies that you're a viable candidate for the procedure and answers any questions you may have. There are several criteria that our Macomb implant dentist weighs before planning your treatment, including:
- Pertinent medical issues and current medications: It's vital that Dr. Ziecina reviews your medical history and knows of any medications you're currently on. Autoimmune diseases (including arthritis and uncontrolled diabetes) can cause delayed healing and other post-operative complications. Our practice is committed to safe dental treatments, and we want to find the most suitable course of action for your needs.
- The condition of your gums: Your gums must be healthy to receive a dental implant. Our dentist checks for signs of gum disease to be sure you're in good health. Gum disease needs to be treated before the process can begin so that your implants' functionality and longevity are not at risk.
- The health of your jawbone: Your jawbone is what stabilizes your dental implant. If you lack enough healthy bone material, your implant will be unable to survive daily use. Our team discusses the options available to you should you have a brittle or thin jawbone.
Our Effective Implant Process
Once our Macomb implant dentist has explained the treatment's details and approved you as an ideal candidate, our team starts planning your procedure. We begin by using a cone-beam computed tomography system (CBCT) to produce 3-D images for assessment and diagnosis. Doing so allows Dr. Ziecina to plan the precise placement of your implants. By determining the most advantageous locations and angles for your implants, we extend their stability and longevity. After detailed preparation, we place your implants in a precise surgical procedure.
After your implants are in place, your mouth must have time to recover from the initial surgery. We'll schedule check-up appointments to ensure your recovery is going smoothly and the implants are healing well. It typically takes between eight and twelve weeks for the site to recover fully. Following this period, we attach your implant-supported restorations to restore the appearance of your smile.
What if My Jawbone Can't Support Dental Implants?
If you have a thin or weak jawbone, you may qualify for a sinus lift or bone graft. A bone graft is a dental procedure that increases the density of your jawbone. This treatment strengthens your jawbone and allows it to support your implants. A sinus lift is a bone graft that reinforces the upper jaw. Our team discusses these treatments with you on a case-by-case basis to help you make informed decisions regarding your dental health.
Protecting Your Well-being with Dental Extractions
Our goal is to keep your natural teeth in place to maintain your smile's alignment and structure. If you have a tooth with a severe infection or considerable damage, we can extract it. Dr. Ziecina goes over the options for replacing the extracted tooth. We generally recommend dental implants since they mimic the missing tooth's structure, size, and shape.
Our Implant-Supported Restorations
Whether you require dental implants to fill a substantial gap in your smile or to replace a single missing tooth, our practice offers an appropriate implant-supported restoration for your needs. We provide:
- Implant crowns to replace a missing tooth. Your implant crown is a natural-looking replacement tooth that attaches directly to your implant post. By matching the color of your healthy teeth as accurately as possible, your implant crown neatly fits into your smile.
- Implant-supported bridges to efficiently fill gaps in your smile with realistic-looking prosthetic teeth. Your implant-supported bridge consists of a mixture of crowns and prosthetic teeth that are firmly retained by your dental implants. The bridge not only rejuvenates your smile but also prevents your healthy teeth from shifting out of place as time passes.
- Implant-retained dentures allow us to provide you with up to an entire arch of permanent prosthetic teeth. Since we anchor your dentures to your dental implants, they won't slip when you talk or eat.
What is All-on-4®?
All-on-4 uses a set of four implants to support a full arch of prosthetic teeth. Every All-on-4 arch contains between 10 and 14 teeth, which allows our dentist to provide you a realistic-looking smile. We may recommend this treatment if you're missing a full arch of teeth or if your natural teeth are damaged beyond repair.
Rejuvenating Your Smile with Dental Implants in Macomb
When it comes to maintaining your smile, you can count on Dr. Ziecina and his skilled team. Whether you're missing one tooth or many, dental implants may be the perfect solution to your problem. Contact the practice of William G. Ziecina D.D.S, P.C. today to determine if implants are right for you.
CALL US: (586) 203-8686 REQUEST APPOINTMENT